Genki

Photobucket Gen: Origin or Source Photobucket Ki: Air, Spirit and Energy

Sunday, January 30, 2011

WOTW #4 - AWAKENING

Hello again!!!

This past week's word was AWAKENING! 

"Let the sun illuminate parts of you that are dormant, numb or forgotten.  Rub the sleep from your eyes and welcome the new dawn."

I think I expected something HUGE to happen this week.  Something so big that it would have rocked my world and changed it forever!  At first when I began writing this entry, I thought nothing happened at all this week.  That there were no awakenings.  However, looking back over the week I did see a couple of things.  Awakenings did happen, but they were much more subtle then I expected.

I had a fun week with food.  I bought ingredients that I have never purchased before and made some very yummy dinners.  One thing I had never bought before was coconut milk.  I bought a few cans and I got out all my spices and I put together an amazing coconut curry dinner with tons of veggies and tofu.  I also put some coconut milk over frozen blueberries and it made a delicious sweet ice creamy dessert!  I went to Costco and bought food that I had never allowed myself to buy because I didn't want to "waste" money on unnecessary spending.  I bought goat cheese gouda and a container of goat cheese spread.  Oh my Goddess!  So yummy!  Hummus was another item I bought.  I am loving my snacks and lunches at work now with all this new food!  I am eating tons more veggies and loving that as well.  And it is not because I feel I "have" to eat them, it is because I want to!!  I didn't know that switching and changing food could be so fun and add a little excitement to my life!  It's a small thing, but with all my eating issues in the past, I feel a new sense of pleasure around food.

I went to a party this weekend.  It was a huge celebration for the couple that were hosting.  It was a wonderful evening full of food, friends and lots of love and laughter.  I was sitting there in awe the whole evening.  I have admired these 2 individuals since I had meet them a couple of years ago.  I don't know them well, but what I know of them, I love.  They are each incredible individuals with hearts of gold and they have such a warm and loving energy about them.  Put them together and they make an incredible couple.  And this incredible couple bought an incredible home.  The house is a dream house of mine.  A character house built in 1913.  They also created a wonderful organization called Thrive Alive Foundation that subsidizes cancer treatments not covered by government or health care plans for people in need all across Canada.  So I was sitting there, in this beautiful home, celebrating all that this couple had created so far and I all I could do was thank them for being them.  I thanked them for being so inspirational and for being an example of all that was possible.   It hit me that all of this was possible for me as well.  Not just for them.  But for me too.  I looked at the two of them and I realized that an amazing relationship was possible for me too.  I too could have a beautiful home and I too could create something that would make a difference in this world. 

It was an awakening of possibility.  An awakening of all my forgotten dreams, and they came rushing forward.  It felt like a deep breath through my body.  A sense of peace settled in my heart.   And a smile fell upon my lips.

My eyes are opening and welcoming a new dawn of possibility.

What awakenings happened for you this past week?? Were they big and earth shaking?? Or were they small and subtle??  Tell me about them!



Ok!!!!!!!!!  Time for this week's word!!!!!!!!!!!  Are you ready????!!!

                               *****ENTHUSIASM!!!*****

"Be present with zestful alertness!  Loosen your constraints and let your passion for life uplift others and generate new opportunities."

Wooooooooeeeeeee!!  Are you ready for some enthusiasm???  What would your week and life look like if you took everything on with great enthusiasm??  I would love to hear about it!!  Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment