Genki

Photobucket Gen: Origin or Source Photobucket Ki: Air, Spirit and Energy

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Something New - Word of the Week

Happy New Year!!!! 

Sometime a few weeks ago, I got an idea for something to blog about...weekly...for this year.  That idea really has me lit up.  I am starting it today!!

Once a week I will sit quietly and think about the week ahead.  I will either set an intention, think about what I wish to draw into my life, or what I wish to focus on and then I will be pulling a card (all cards will be upside down and I will intuitively pick one) from the deck "The Original Angel Cards".  There are 72 cards and each has a "playful illustrated keyword to help you focus on a particular aspect of your inner life.  The more you think about the quality reflected by the word and picture on the card, the more you will find this quality echoing in your life." 

I will focus on my intention and word for the week.  At the end of the week, I will share my experiences, ideas, thoughts with you.

For this week I am choosing to focus on Self-Love...really loving who I am, discovering what makes me feel good, what I like and being very gentle and compassionate with myself.

The card I drew was LOVE.

Here is what the accompanying book says about the card:
LOVE.  The essence of contentment and the foundation of serenity.  Love is the activation of your spirit reaching out and making connections.  It overcomes grief, harbours no ill will, and heals all separation.

Ok.  LOVE!!  I am inviting you to do the same.  What would your week be like if you choose to focus on LOVE???

2 comments:

  1. Kristi,
    This post reminded me of the quote by Hafiz, "I wish I could show you when you are lonely or in darkness the astonishing light of your own being."

    Who we are for others is usually so much more authentic than who we are for ourselves. I love this new weekly theme and will joyfully play along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I know I am different with others then I am when I am by myself. I am more loving and playful when I am with people. Thanks for coming along for the ride!!! Would love to hear if you have new insights or experiences!

    ReplyDelete