Genki

Photobucket Gen: Origin or Source Photobucket Ki: Air, Spirit and Energy

Sunday, January 23, 2011

WOTW #3 - CLARITY

Hello again!

This weeks word was "Clarity".  "Clear your perceptions free of confusion.  Focus on intent and straightforward expression.  See the world as it is without your projections, judgements and assumptions."

One thing that was very clear this week, was how unclear I was about clarity!  I had no idea what the word really meant, and I didn't fully understand the statement provided by the accompanying book.  I did try to become aware of my assumptions, and judgements throughout the week.  But even they weren't crystal clear.  I chose to ask some friends what their views and opinions were about the word to see if that would help me get clear.  Out of those conversations came great insights.  One of the first things I saw was that I don't have an intention for my life.  Hmmmm....no intention.  So, does that mean with no intention then there is no direction??  Do you have an intention for your life?  I would love to hear what it is!!

I had a friend suggest that I get clear about what my current context for my life was.  In other words, what conversations do I have running in my head about life, or my part of being here in this world??  She thought that if I became aware of what my hidden thoughts/beliefs were about life, then I could see that all of my projections, judgements and assumptions came from that.  That all my actions might be driven by these unseen unempowered ideas.  She asked me a very simple question - "What do you think you mean to life?"  Wow!  What a question!  What do I think I mean to life??  How does life feel about me??  The first thoughts that came into my mind were that I mean nothing to life.  That life doesn't care about me and I am taking up space.  Life has forgotten about me.  Not empowering in the slightest is it??!!  So, if these are my beliefs about life, then all I see, hear, taste, touch, smell and think are affected by them.  So interesting!!!!!!!!  I love this!!  Can you see that??  What is your belief about life??  What do you think you mean to life??  There is something so remarkable about being willing to look and dig and get dirty in your stuff!

I am still looking and digging knowing that there is probably more down there.  More disempowering ideas and beliefs that are painting my view of life and who I am.  I can see examples of how this has influenced me.  One example is -a few times in my life, I was considering ending my life.  I didn't see a point to life or my existence in it.  Well!!!  If my view was that life didn't care about me then why would I want to stick around!  Why would I think that life would want me happy, or joyful or have abundance with beliefs like that!!  I could only see through the glasses of  "Life has forgotten about me because it doesn't care about me!!"  I didn't even know I had those glasses on!  Now that I aware that this monster has been running in the background smearing everything with its dirty fingers, I can see how ridiculous that is!!!!!  I am taking off those dark and dirty glasses!!!!!  I am choosing a cleaner pair!!  (Big breath in)....my view is clearer!!!  Why not choose to believe that life loves me being a part of it!  That I add something unique to life? That life cares about me and it is full of love and joy and abundance!  Now that is much more clear!! And as I look and clean out the old and dirty, my view is only going to get clearer!! That is CLARITY!  And that is exciting!! A whole new view on a much brighter world and existence.

So now....the word for this coming week!!  Are you ready??!!!!

(drum roll!!!)             * AWAKENING*

"Let the sun illuminate parts of you that are dormant, numb or forgotten.  Rub the sleep from your eyes and welcome the new dawn."

Get ready for a week of awakening!!  What has been quiet in you?? What are you going to wake up to this week??  Have fun welcoming a new dawn!

2 comments:

  1. The thing is...Life never forgets about us. Life is there for us to grab a hold of. Just waiting. For us. To start living. So...I am counting on you and your clarity. Can't wait to see what you come up with for a context.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rita! I can see that life was waiting, patiently. Never leaving me, never pushing me. Now she is saying..."Are you ready??" I am. Ready!

    ReplyDelete