Genki

Photobucket Gen: Origin or Source Photobucket Ki: Air, Spirit and Energy

Sunday, February 6, 2011

WOTW #5 - ENTHUSIASM

Hello again and welcome back.

The word for this past week was ENTHUSIASM.

"Be present with zestful alertness!  Loosen your constraints and let your passion for life uplift others and generate new opportunities."

Enthusiasm.  To be honest, I didn't have any of it this week.  Or not much anyway.  I had a few small bursts of it during the week, but all and all I lacked it.

I am a bit confused about enthusiasm.  Is this something that is to be had and felt all the time?? Or is it fleeting?? Is it based on circumstances?? Or is it a choice??

I am looking at my life at the moment and asking why I am not feeling/being enthusiastic about it??  What is there or not there for me??  One thing that I noticed was missing was the feeling of a sense of purpose for my life.  What is my purpose?  Why am I here??  What is my life all about??  Right now I am feeling quite adrift in my life.  Actually, I have felt like this for most of my life.  Just drifting, without a purpose.  I am not feeling very excited about drifting without a particular aim or purpose.  Drifting with no direction.  I feel it is kind of hard to be enthusiastic about a life where I feel all alone without a clear idea of what I should do. 

So, when have I felt enthusiastic??  Let's start with that.  When have I been excited about my life??  I do recall times in my life when enthusiasm flowed out of my pores like thick sugary honey, and it sweetened my life and the lives of people around me.  It happened when I was doing something that I loved.  When I was so lit up and excited about what I was doing in my life.  Like when I have traveled and took pictures of the beauty in this world.  When I did something that stretched my boundaries of who I thought that I was (when I moved to Japan or traveled alone).  When I trained teenagers in the art of clown and witnessed magic as they experienced a part of themselves they never knew existed. 

For me, enthusiasm naturally is there when my heart is singing.  When I feel like I am contributing to this world and making a difference somehow.  It comes when I am out of my comfort zone, stretching my mind, my body, my heart and my soul.  When I am flowing in the unknown and magic of life.  When I am creating.

So, that is it.  I am not enthusiastic about my life at the moment because I am not doing what I love.  My heart is not singing.  I am not stretching.  I am not creating.

Time for me to discover and create something I love.  Time for me to be open to the magic of life.  My heart is ready to sing.  I have no idea what it could possibly be though.  But, I am thinking that is ok.  I don't have to know.  I could just flow in the unknown and create from there.

Enthusiasm, get ready!!  I look forward to your return!!  Ohhh....is that a bit of enthusiasm I am feeling right now?? 

What are you enthusiastic about??  What makes your heart sing??





The word for this week is  *****  SIMPLICITY*****

"Simply be yourself.  Look past the fanfare and drama to what is enduring.  Take time to clarify what is important to you and let nonessentials fall away."

Be myself??  Look past the drama??!!  Looks like an interesting week!!  Care to join me??

No comments:

Post a Comment