Genki

Photobucket Gen: Origin or Source Photobucket Ki: Air, Spirit and Energy

Sunday, February 13, 2011

WOTW #6 - SIMPLICITY

The word for this past week was SIMPLICITY.

"Simply be yourself.  Look past the fanfare and drama to what is enduring.  Take time to clarify what is important to you and let nonessentials fall away."

For me this week, it was made very clear what was important to me....my HEALTH.  I have been sick for 5 days this week.  At first I thought I had a bad cold or flu.  Fever, chills, aches and heaving sweating stayed with me for 2 days.  I hardly ate anything as I was unable to stand long enough to make anything.  It was horrible.  I was chugging back tons of natural remedies and drinking lots of liquids.  Finally the fever broke and the aching stopped.  Feeling semi-human, I ventured out into the world on Saturday...it was so nice to get out of my place and be among the living!  I couldn't stop coughing though, so I headed off to a walk-in clinic this morning and waited for 2 hours to see the doctor.  He told me I had "walking pneumonia".  Wow!  That is something I haven't had before.  No wonder I couldn't get better!

I am grateful that is all I have.  I am grateful that for 38 years I have been very healthy with nothing more then this current diagnoses to call the worst!  It was awful being bed ridden for days, especially with no one to take care of me (I know I had a wee bit of self-pity but I think that is allowed when I'm sick!!)!  Lying there, I was present to how important health is.  Without your health, you don't have much of anything else!  No matter how much money you have, or what you do for a living, or how educationed you are...if you ain't got your health, you ain't got nothin'!
Not really in a space to be thinking of much else this week except getting better, I do know one more thing that is super important to me...LOVE.  Love for myself.  Love for my friends and family.  Love for all.  Love in general.  I had a friend remind me that love is a choice -both giving and receiving. I forget that sometimes.  It was great to have the reminder.

I know there is more that is important to me...but right now I need to get into my pjs and hop into my cozy bed and get better.

The word for this week is JOY!
"Approach life with a buoyant attitude, light heart, and unencumbered mind.  Let joy lift your spirit and fill each moment."

Yay JOY!! Have a joyful week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks! I'm been cozy in bed and watching a movie. Hopefully the meds will kick in soon!

    ReplyDelete