Genki

Photobucket Gen: Origin or Source Photobucket Ki: Air, Spirit and Energy

Sunday, February 20, 2011

WOTW #7 - JOY

Hello!

This past weeks word was JOY.
"Approach life with a buoyant attitude, light heart, and unencumbered mind.  Let joy lift your spirit and fill each moment."

This week I was conscious of the idea of a "light heart and buoyant attitude".  Just waking up and being thankful for another day.  Being joyful that I had another day to live and create and be in.  It wasn't a dramatic shift for me, just a simple thought about "keeping it light".   Nothing major happened during the week, but I felt a little bounce to my step, a smile on my lips and my whistling filled the air.  I seemed to just "be".  It was a lovely place to be in.  I felt more grounded.  More grateful and more mindful of the small details.  I actually felt more "quiet".  There was no major highs or no major lows.  Just a sense of contentment.

Is that what joy is??  I thought it was suppose to be full of energy and excitement and enthusiasm.  I was making myself wrong sometimes during the week as I wasn't experiencing any of those "E" words.  But then I thought...why does JOY have to look and be a certain way??  Why am I putting a condition or state on joy??  What's wrong with feeling peaceful and feeling fulfilled within the small and quiet details of life??  Nothing is wrong with any of it!  I am seeing that feeling excited or quiet can be joyful if my heart is light!!  And I love the feeling of a light heart!!

What does JOY mean to you??  When do you feel joyful??  Have you experienced a lightness of heart??  How did it feel?? What were you doing??



The word for this week is...................******INTENTION******

"Keep your sight on your goal.  Direct your energy and attention to who you want to be and where you want to go.  Stay aligned and focused".

OOOHHHHHH...who do you want to be and where do you want to go??!!  Have a fun intentional week!! 

2 comments:

  1. I love Joy! I've written about it a few times, and it even has its own page on my blog.

    Sometimes for me Joy is just that feeling that my heart is full, which can be a very grounded feeling, as opposed to the soaring excitement you mentioned. Or just noticing the details in things.

    Love this Weekly Word idea! Off now to think about intention...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Creatively Sensitive! Thanks for your comment. I always thought JOY was soaring with excitement. But like you said, and like I experienced, it can be a grounded feeling. I guess it can anything really, can't it!!

    How was Intention for you??

    ReplyDelete